Wednesday 13 April 2011

lingering tunes...

Were there ever times when random tunes just popped into your head -- and they go on and on, developing into a full-length song of sorts? It was always so annoying when that happened because there was no way I was able to record or pen them down -- I couldn't play an instrument, I couldn't sing...

That was one of my many reasons for wanting to pick up music at this weird stage of my life...and I'm loving it! It really hasn't been easy and actually still pisses me off at times, but I'd rather have music piss me off than anything else in the world;)
~~~

I'm 22 and am learning as much about contemporary music as I can, as quickly as I can, mostly to make up for all the years I've spent trying to deny any music within me to manifest. To date, I've had about 9 months of piano lessons, not including the 4-month break I took in the middle of it. I was teaching myself a lot of music theory and other music-ish stuff from the Internet, which if I might say, have helped me make sense of much of the music I'm learning at the moment.

I had also started acoustic guitar and vocal lessons about 2 months ago, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. My lessons are like the highlights of each week for me:)

I'll go into more detail about my lessons and experiences with time. Hopefully, I'd be able to share my love for anything music related on this blog. Having ALMOST no musical friends at the moment, I'm so very eager to share anything musical with whoever that stumbles onto this blog!

The piano...the guitar...the voice...the audio technology...the songwriting...the list goes on...and on~

No comments:

Post a Comment